When I sit down to a consultation with a bride and groom, one of the first questions I ask is 'why do you want a wedding video?'. Sometimes the answer is they want a different way to remember their wedding day, or they want to experience moments of the day they will miss, but the answer I hear the most is 'my friend didn't have one, and she regrets it.'. And that little thought sends them on a hunt for what exactly the modern wedding video is. And I'll admit, I didn't have a wedding video and even I regret it! There are so many reasons why a video is such a special way to remember your wedding day, but hopefully these few will convince you that it's well worth the investment.
1. Movement - The greatest thing about video is that it moves! You'll be able to go back and see the way your dress swayed as you walked down the aisle, your grandmother doing the latest social dance, or the way your father squeezed your hand just before giving you away. It's the organic way we see life, and truly captures the emotion of the day.
2. Audio - The biggest stand out between photo and video is that video has the opportunity to capture the sound of your wedding day. Trust me, the day will go by in a whirlwind. You won't remember the heartfelt speech given by the Maid of Honor, or the way the Father of the Bride choked up while speaking about how his new son in like makes his daughter smile. It's things that may be remembered in the moment, but can fade away over time. And it's not just the big things like speeches and your vows, but little things, like the collective awe from your bridesmaids as you turn around from putting your dress on. Your wedding video allows you to go back and relive those moments as they truly happened.
3. Don't Miss Out - Another reason I have couples contact me about wedding video, is that they don't want to miss certain aspects of their wedding. Often times, couples miss the majority of their cocktail hour because they are taking photos, and they want to see their guests enjoying themselves. But it goes beyond that. The couple is often hidden away until the ceremony, and they don't get to see the reaction of the guests as they see the ceremony site, or the funny way the flower girl simply dumped her entire basket of flowers in the middle of the aisle. Video allows you to go back and see the things you weren't around for, and watch you and your guest enjoy your wedding day.
4. The Story of Your Day - Ask any modern wedding videographer, and they will tell you they are above all, a storyteller. We strive to create a film for you that tells the story of your wedding day. We do this by combining cinematic and artistic footage with music and the audio of your wedding day. Combining all these elements creates an unique feel to every film I make. A film that represents you as a couple and tells your love story.
5. Truly Relive Your Day - I think all the above reasons really tie into this final reason of why you should have a wedding video. It is the best way to truly relive your wedding day; the emotion, the joy, and the happiness. See your day as it actually happened, and relive every moment.
Is video something you are considering? Or perhaps your are fighting to convince someone that is something they will love. I hope these few reasons can pull someone over to saying 'yes' to this amazing experience. If you'd like to know more about wedding films or my services, don't hesitate to reach out to me on my contact page, or email email@example.com. I'd be more than happy to help you with your questions or capturing your wedding day in an amazing, unique, and special way.