How you advertise your business has evolved over time. First it was the yellow pages, then a website, but now it's time to take it one step further to an online video. It's not just about funny cats and viral dance videos, online video marketing is a powerful tool even the smallest business can benefit from. You don't need to go viral to be noticed, and a short promotional film on your website can help you connect with potential customers. So, here are my top 5 reasons your business needs an online video for your website.
1. Get a Piece of the Pie - One third of all internet traffic is video. YouTube alone has over one billion users watching four billion hours of video per month. That's a lot of content, reaching a lot of people! And your business can have a piece of it. People aren't just looking for the latest video to crash the internet, they are looking for real information they can use. Posting a video about how to knit will bring people to your knitting shop when they need supplies because you are already in their mind and they trust you with their business.
2. Information Retention - People remember only 10% of what they hear, but they remember 50% of what they see. When a potential customer sees your product or service, you in action, or your office, they are more likely to recall your business over a competitor who simply uses a block of text accompanied by a few photos. Stay at the forefront of a potential client's brain with moving images of you and your business
3. Search Engines Will Love You - Did you know that your website is 50 times more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search if it contains video? YouTube is actually the second largest search engine, right behind it's parent company, Google. And Google likes to pull at least three video results from YouTube, which are always displayed at the top of the page.
4. Engage Your Audience - People are 60% more likely to watch a video than read text. So imagine how many people will remain on your website to watch your video over skimming text and leaving. Also, customers are 60% more likely to purchase a product or service after watching a video, and less likely to return a product. And with a happy customer, they will share your online video with friends and family, giving you the potential to reach even more customers!
5. Rapport - I think one of my clients, a new born photographer, said it best when she contacted me about her promotional film, "I just want to show people I'm a sane person who can handle their baby.". Video allows you to instantly connect with a potential client or customer. Seeing you in action and hearing you talk about your passion, gives them confidence in their purchase and where they plan to invest their money. I like to call it a "digital handshake". You get to connect with clients, and you don't even need to meet them face to face.
Video is such a powerful tool for the modern business owner. And wowing them with a professional video that fits your brand, gets them excited to work with you, or purchase your product. If you would like to know more about online business videos, or my video services, please reach out on my Contact page, or email email@example.com. I'd be more than happy to talk with you!